Hats are here in a big way! Show your team and local love with one – or more – of the new SMIJ hats. Available on-line and at Henry & Pearl.
<Get on the SMIJ Mail List here.>
So, how did you feel about your first Game Day outfit? Hopefully, since it was Labor Day Weekend, it involved a bathing suit in your team colors and a Game Day hat or Tiger scarf.
<Sign up for the SMIJ Newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/583a80fd896e/smijijbyjill >
But, if not, that’s ok. There is still time. As for many of the teams that played that first weekend, this was pretty much just warm up for the season. Now, it’s time to get serious about those Game Day looks. There are only a handful of Game Days and this beautiful season passes by way too fast. The looks run from casual to dressy, hot weather to cold weather. Such a fun time of year for outfit planning. So, get to it! 5 days until the next Game Day!
<Tap any picture to shop.>
Whether it has snuck up on you or you’ve been counting the days… it is here. Here’s what you can expect from us besides all the most fun Game Day styles.
1. YOU! We plan to share pictures of you in your game day styles. You all always inspire me with the way you style your SMIJ pieces. Send your pics so I can feature you.
2. Tailgate recipes – yours and mine. I’ll be asking you for tailgate recipes you love and I’ll be sharing some I’ve collected over the years. I’ve got some good ones and I know you do, too. I only make these during football season and, wow, do we look forward to these. My most requested are Thai Chicken Skewers and Sausage Dip. I’ve made both more times than I can count.
3. Sorry, not sorry… lots of Ace pictures. I can’t help it, he’s just so stinking cute and growing WAY too fast. Ugh!
Happy Football Season, Friends! Thank you for wearing SMIJ as you create another season of GAME DAY memories.
I really don’t even know where to begin on all the festive options we have for your 4th of July. Lots of red, white and blue and Summer prints. You’d need to celebrate for two weeks to wear them all. Ok, let’s do that! Well, maybe that won’t work…
If you need something fun that will work anywhere – pool, beach, fireworks, parade, party, Braves game, Atlanta United match or anywhere else, try our newest trucker hats.
These are super lightweight, velcro closure in the back, our signature anchor (of course) and that beautiful flag right up front. I made sure these had that yellow outline to give it a real pop of sunshine, too.
Grab both colors and have a great 4th! They are available at Henry & Pearl along with lots of other stylish options for your 4th.
Thanks to Henry & Pearl’s amazing selection of gifts I was able to get quite a few presents purchased already. Not only that, I found gifts I’m so happy to give. Each gift passed my 3-second-test, which is simply that I must love something 100% within the first 3 seconds or I don’t buy it.
I found things for my jet setters, tech buffs, Christmas fanatics, fitness addicts, interior decorators, fashionistas, Milton lovers, hoop girls and hostesses. And, each item is under $50, some way under $50.
I’m including a Sneak Peek below. This is only a sample of the gifts available in the shop.
1. Everyone needs a Yeti drink holder. I use mine at Tennis, in the car, at the beach, literally everywhere. Now, they come in all sizes and price points.
2. If you have a hoop girl in your life, know that we can always use a new pair. If they are like me, they are always losing one – or just always want shiny new ones.
3. These zip code hats come in 2 styles and many colors. They also have “USA” or “Cambridge” and “Milton” choices. These hats are designed so you’ll buy one for you and a friend.
4. The most fun needlepoint keychains for Home, lake houses, beach houses, play cars and keeps. You won’t be able to get just one!
5. Key chains for the southern girl.
6. Trim the tree in needlepoint style.
7. Giving keys have been my go-to gift this year. They are designed to give and give again. Read the story on the display. So much fun to give.
8. Pop sockets because no one can live without these gadgets. I’m on the wait list for the attachment for the car that it hangs on.
9. Cute little hostess gift.
10. These are essential if you have someone in your list who is on-board the sneaker trend. These pretty little socks keep them comfy while hiding in their booties or sneakers.
11. For the jet setter, beautiful luggage tags to set luggage apart and keep them in adventure mode.
12. A candle is always a good idea. These assign a customized scent to the local cities. All smell great!
13. I love gifts that can be used. This soap and lotion dispenser will carry someone and their guests right through the holiday season.
Stop into Henry & Pearl with your list in hand. Great gifts and they’ll even wrap them. Stress-free and fun!
I’m so excited to see how great Blessed Trinity football is doing this post-season. Way to go, Titans!
Findlay Rowe and Serendipity in Roswell have our Game Day and green and camo “30075” hats and Henry & Pearl in Milton has this “BELIEVER” sweatshirt to help you support your Titans.
We’ve got lots of fun choices on line HERE or in store at Henry & Pearl. Grab a cute, feminine Game Day tee to show your support and look great doing it. Happy Game Day!
Beautiful Atlanta days call for patios and we found a great one in Roswell. We visited The Fix Pizzeria and loved the food, the experience and the owner! Georgeanne waited on us and told us that she and her husband bought the pizzeria recently. I love supporting a local entrepreneur – especially when I can support them by eating pizza. The pizza was delicious – we got one “white” pizza and one “red” pizza. It is cooked at 900 degrees for a very short time and is made with ONLY 6 ingredients. That combination turns out to be delicious! We highly recommend the food, atmosphere and service. And, here is the most brilliant part. Georgeanne brought both kids a blob of pizza dough to play with while we waiting for our food. This was better than any coloring sheet you get from other restaurants. Best toy ever. While they were occupied with their pizza dough, we got to enjoy the beautiful weather, a conversation and peace and harmony. Great experience.
Outfit details, too: My latest obsession – Ray-Ban Gradient Sunnies | Frye OTK Boots | Trucker Hat | Puffer Vest with Fur Collar (similar) | SMIJ Football Tees | Hudson Denim Skinnies | Everyday Silver Hoops | Thanks!
Saturday was Game Day & Halloween! Decisions, decisions… I just decided to start with a good gray base and change per event. Such problems I have! We also love to have something going in the Slow Cooker all day so when you return from Trick-or-Treating all tired, cold and often wet, you have a great smell and warm food to greet you. This year we went with bean soup and honey cornbread muffins – recipe below.
Happy Monday, Everyone. It’s time to take down the Halloween decorations and put up the Thanksgiving decor. My kids love the decorate so even when I feel like maybe skipping it, we get started anyway. I’m always glad I did! So, as I type this I’m also cleaning up from Halloween and getting ready for the next fun month – November!
To follow all the fashion fun these cooler months always deliver, sign up at www.shopstyle.com. Then, when you like one of my Instagram photos, you’ll get shoppable emails. It’s free to you and the retailers pay me a small commission when I share one of their items. I only share things I wear or like. Join the fun by signing up!
Karuna showed up in a SMIJ tee!
YUM! We went with Cowboy Style…
Wasn’t such a great day for the Dawgs, but they are still loved. This is a picture of the hay from Washington Farms.
I appreciate your visit! Thanks for coming by the SMIJ Blog. =)
Had the opportunity to style a City Mom for a Buckhead Game Day party. She is a great “canvas” looking good in just about anything so this was really fun – and easy!
We started with a SMIJ tank, of course! I love camo with white denim so we started building…
Looking Good, City Mom!